The moment I have been waiting for for 2 1/2 years – completing my first half marathon.
I registered in April. My race is Sunday at 7am. I wish I could say I stuck with my training and smashed it. Nope. Honestly, I haven’t ran much in the last month. I did switch to mornings instead of evenings which is a big step for my body.
Here’s my wish list for all 13.1 miles-
1. Please God. PLEASE don’t put another runner in front of me that farts when they run.
2. I don’t puke.
3. Or poop my pants. I have heard too many horror stories.
4. May my music be continuous and my phone battery have a long life.
5. May the streets be flat.
6. My bladder. I will get just the right amount of intake to not pee my pants. Or feel like I have to pee right at the starting line.
7. I will keep all my toenails.
8. That I may have a little fun? Maybe?!
1. I will walk like a penguin on Monday. And sitting on the toilet is going to be a nightmare.
2. Chaffing will happen
4. Some of my wish list may not happen. Dear Lord, hear my plea that number 3 will not happen.
5. I will have completed a dream.
6. I am strong.
7. I may just sleep with my big shiny medal. Or wear it for a week. My very first one!
8. The finish line. Enough said.